Friday, February 26, 2010

The Lord is with You

"But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." The LORD answered, "I will be with you..." Judges 6:15- 16

Shortly after this encounter Gideon took 300 men with him to attack a camp of thousands of Midianites, and he was victorious.
The Bible is full of more examples of people who did not think they were capable to do what the Lord was calling on them to do. However, when they put their trust in the Lord they were able to accomplish everything the Lord had asked them to do. I find it amazing as well as troubling that so often in my life I use a similar excuse to that of Gideon's. I often think of myself as not capable of carrying out the Lord's work on this earth. What I fail to remember is that no matter where I go or what I do the Lord is right there with me, and he is capable of anything. Any limitations that I have or that I think I have become meaningless when combined with the power and strength of the Lord.

Although the Lord will most likely not ask you to do anything as extreme as to fight in a battle where you are severely outnumbered there are still many things that the Lord does call each of us to do every day. It can be anything from helping someone in need to sharing your faith with someone. I have the hope that none of us would shy away from these opportunities based on our perceived limitations. It is important that we take advantage of these situations to spread God's love and expand his kingdom keeping in mind Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."




No comments: